Child abduction and the law

child abduction and law

In this article, we will be providing advice to parents on the topic of child abduction including what counts as abduction..

Pre-proceedings Meetings & PLO- What Should I Expect?

pre proceedings

If a local authority is involved with your family, you will have a social worker assigned to work with you and your child/ren. There are different levels of social work intervention before court proceedings and these include PLO Meetings, child protection plans and child in need plans. The Public Law Outline (PLO) is the final […]

Care Proceedings & Social Services Legal Advice

social service

In case the Local Authority’s Social Services Department become involved with your family, we can help you through all stages of the investigations. Sheena Donlon, Head of Care answers some frequently asked questions regarding care matters & social services What type of court orders can be made regarding children? If the Local Authority applies to […]

Children: The hidden victims of domestic abuse

child abuse

The statistics involving domestic abuse and children continue to be shocking – a recent BBC report highlights that calls to the NSPCC about children witnessing the most serious forms of abuse have jumped 25% in a year. It is no wonder that while the new domestic abuse bill is ‘widely supported’, charities including Bernardo’s & […]

Parental Alienation and Intractable Contact Disputes

parental responsibility

The most heart-wrenching part of a relationship break down is when parents lock horns in decisions relating to how much time the child spends with each parent or with whom the child should live with. A once whirlwind romance deteriorates into a barrage of hate, anger and revenge; the only thing that persists is each […]