Care Proceedings

We can advise and represent children, parents, and family members in multiple areas related to care proceedings. These include but are not limited to:

  • Cases when social services are involved because of their concerns with the child’s emotional well being and physical safety.
  • When social services make an application at court concerning the child usually where the child is or is about to be taken into care, when their parents want them to be returned from care, or when a family member or responsible adult wants them to be returned from care.

No matter how difficult or complicated the circumstances, Our experienced child care lawyers are committed to securing the best possible outcome for you and your family. If social services have taken your child into care, or have threatened to do so, it’s important that you are represented by someone who understands the legal process.

Our family law department includes members of the Law Society’s Children Panel the Family Law Panel and Resolution Accredited Specialists.

Any parent with parental responsibilities will automatically be eligible for legal aid. For other parties involved in the case such as grandparents or aunts and uncles, it would depend on their financial situation and whether they are formally involved in these proceedings.