Non Molestation Orders

Family solicitors for non-molestation orders

If you’re a victim of domestic abuse, National Legal Service’s experienced, compassionate team of family law experts can help you to obtain a non-molestation order to protect you from your abuser. This order is issued by the court and legally binding and prohibits the actions of the abuser towards you.

Typically, the non-molestation order would be issued to prevent a specific pattern of behaviour, such as visiting your home or workplace, being verbally abusive, threatening, harassing or communicating with you against your wishes. Depending on the nature of the injunction and the history of abuse, the non-molestation order will also stipulate that the abuser must not incite others to conduct act in the same way towards you, on their behalf. Some non-molestation orders will encompass both yourself as the victim and any children you may have.

When can a non-molestation order be made by the courts?

If you are the victim of abuse, National Legal Service can apply to the courts for a non-molestation order on your behalf. You do not need to prove that a crime has taken place to request a non-molestation order, or for your abuser to have been charged with assault, for an application to be made but your legal advisor will have to prepare a statement on your behalf confirming what you say has happened, which you then verify with a statement of truth.

National Legal Service is the largest legal aid provider for non molestation orders in the country. Each year, our dedicated legal aid solicitors and lawyers work with thousands of victims of domestic abuse to obtain the legal protection and support needed for positive change. Our unparalleled expertise in this arena means we understand the complexities surrounding family law and domestic abuse and the legal mechanisms in place to help victims.

Your compassionate, professional National Legal Service solicitor can make an application for a non-molestation order on your behalf. We understand what the court will consider when determining whether to grant the order, and when this or other types of injunction are most appropriate.

What do you need to apply for a non-molestation order?

Your National Legal Service family solicitor will work with you throughout the legal process to ensure that you present all necessary documentation and information to the court.

To apply for a non-molestation order, you must first be able to prove an association with the other party under the Family Law Act 1996. This could mean that you were in a relationship with the other person, have a child with them, were married, lived together or are otherwise related.

Any documents which detail the abusive behaviour, such as emails, text messages or similar, can be presented in support of your application. You will be taken through and advised of this process in full by your specialist legal team.

In making its decision, the court will need to consider the health, safety and wellbeing of yourself and any children. If granted, the injunction will typically last for  six to 12 months but can be granted for longer, depending on the circumstances of your case. Emergency orders may also be granted without notice to the other party and we have the capacity to help you should something have happened within the last week or so that necessitates an immediate non-molestation order being applied for.

If you are the victim of abuse, a non-molestation order can deter the unwelcome or abusive behaviour, allowing you to move on with your life. Speak to a member of our legal team now to find out how we can help. Contact National Legal Service on 020 3601 5051.

Free Consultation

We know that no two cases are ever the same and we are dedicated to guiding you through the legal process with tailored solutions which work for you. Fill out the form below to request your free consultation today.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience.