Care Proceedings Solicitors

Our family law and care departments also includes members of the Law Society’s Children Panel, the Family Law Panel and Resolution Accredited Specialists.

Experienced care proceedings solicitors

When social services become involved with your family, it can be an upsetting and stressful experience for all. Our specialist care proceedings solicitors are here to offer non-judgemental, practical legal advice and representation to ensure the best possible outcome for your family.

What do care proceedings solicitors do?

Should social services become concerned about a child’s emotional wellbeing and physical safety, an application may be made to the court for any number of public law orders such as interim and full care orders; interim / final supervision orders and emergency protection orders.
Legal representation is crucial in these types of proceedings, particularly at the outset of the case which is often fast paced, with important decisions made as to where the child should be living for the duration of the case.

If you are a parent who has been informed by social services that they will be issuing care proceedings, you should immediately seek legal advice. In some circumstances, both parents can be represented by the same solicitor but it depends on the risk of conflict. Once proceedings are issued by the court, CAFCASS will appoint a children’s guardian to report on the welfare aspects of the case and make recommendations as to interim placement of the children and suggest what assessments should be carried out. That guardian will also appoint a solicitor to represent the children so they have their voice represented, independently, in the proceedings.

Whatever application is proposed by the local authority, depending on the circumstances that your family is in, contact our specialist solicitors for urgent advice and help.

Why choose our specialist accredited solicitors?

Our expert team of specialist solicitors have successfully supported families in a wide range of difficult, emotionally charged circumstances.

Having someone you can trust to help you understand the legal process and provide clearheaded legal representation can help reduce the stress and anxiety felt by the family and ensure the best possible outcome for all parties.

Our family law and care departments also includes members of the Law Society’s Children Panel, the Family Law Panel and Resolution Accredited Specialists.

Can I afford a specialist solicitor for care proceedings?

Any adult with parental responsibility for the child/ren proposed to be the subject of any care proceedings will automatically be eligible for legal aid, so all families can benefit from the representation of our specialist team of accredited solicitors regardless of their financial situation.

For other parties involved in the case such as grandparents or aunts and uncles, it would depend on their financial situation and whether they are formally involved in these proceedings.

To find out more, get in touch with the team at the National Legal Service on 0203 601 5051.

Request Callback

We know that no two cases are ever the same and we are dedicated to guiding you through the legal process with tailored solutions which work for you. For free initial legal advice please fill out the form below.
Main Form